Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TESSA'S TESTIMONIES


Our cat died recently. He had been a faithful friend for over thirteen years. I know that adults and children suffer and die daily through wars and other forms of abuse.
    But the pain over the loss of the cat was still real to me. I remembered his beauty as he ran along the top of the fence, like a living flame in the sunlight glowing like molten gold. I remember the way he waited hours at the window for our car to return home. How he followed me around the garden, even when ill.

Awake last night, I looked at the stars so clear, so still, so remote and unbidden the words of the Bible came to me from Deuteronomy 31: The eternal God is your refuge
                            And underneath are the everlasting arms.

I am so grateful that in a world of constant, often painful, change, God is our refuge, a place to be still and regroup.  He cares so much for our individual lives and our transient griefs, no matter how deep-etched.

No comments:

Post a Comment